- Gallery-quality print from oil-on-canvas original
- Poster: matte finish; 40 x 30 cm
- Canvas: 3.8 cm thick; 40 x 30 cm, 80 x 60 cm or 100 x 75 cm
- Framed Print: black frame; 40 x 30 cm or 60 x 45 cm (with frame and mount, add 10 cm each side)
- Printed and hand-checked in the UK
Meet Claude Monet: he’s the leading French Impressionist landscape painter. And this is the picture that coined the term Impressionism – from a critic’s mocking attack on what they saw as unfinished, sketchy work. Monet called it an ‘impression’ because he was painting the blood red sun cutting through the misty atmosphere, rather than the port itself. The minimum of brushstrokes are used to capture a moment.