- Gallery-quality print from oil-on-canvas original
- Poster: matte finish; 40 x 30 cm
- Canvas: 3.8 cm thick; 40 x 30 cm, 80 x 60 cm or 100 x 75 cm
- Framed Print: black frame; 40 x 30 cm or 60 x 45 cm (with frame and mount, add 10 cm each side)
- Printed and hand-checked in the UK
Meet Georges Seurat: he invented pointillism (using tiny dots of colour to build up a picture). This was the first picture painted using the new technique. The original is also massive, over 2 x 3 m, which makes the work of painting all those millions of dots even more impressive. Although often grouped with impressionism, it was a reaction against it – as instead of a fluid artist’s impression, it took meticulous work to create.