- Gallery-quality print from oil-on-canvas original
- Poster: matte finish; 40 x 30 cm
- Canvas: 3.8 cm thick; 40 x 30 cm, 80 x 60 cm or 100 x 75 cm
- Framed Print: black frame; 40 x 30 cm or 60 x 45 cm (with frame and mount, add 10 cm each side)
- Printed and hand-checked in the UK
Meet Johannes Vermeer: this Golden-Age artist is one of the great Dutch masters. It’s actually not a portrait but a tronie – a Dutch term meaning it’s not of a specific person, like the Mona Lisa (although critics still argue over who that sitter was) but a character or type. Vermeer only painted 36 artworks that we know about and he died leaving his wife and children destitute. However, now his painting is one of the most famous in the world. So iconic, it inspired a novel that became a film starring Scarlett Johansson, with Colin Firth playing Vermeer.