- Gallery-quality print from woodblock-print original
- Poster: matte finish; 45 x 30 cm, 60 x 40 cm or 114 x 76 cm
- Canvas: 3.8 cm thick; 60 x 40 cm, 75 x 50 cm or 90 x 60 cm
- Framed Print: black frame; 75 x 50 cm (with frame and mount, add 10 cm each side)
- Printed and hand-checked in the UK
Meet Katsushika Hokusai: born in Edo (now Tokyo) in 1760, Hokusai is best known as the author of the woodblock print series, ‘Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji’, which includes this internationally iconic print, ‘The Great Wave off Kanagawa’. And although the mountain is playing hide-and-seek, it’s the reason for the artist’s success. The sacred mountain had a cult following and woodblock prints were easy to reproduce. They were also popular later, as souvenirs for tourists. It’s thought Hokusai made it when he was in his seventies.