- Gallery-quality print from oil-on-canvas original
- Poster: matte finish; 40 x 30 cm
- Canvas: 3.8 cm thick; 40 x 30 cm, 80 x 60 cm or 100 x 75 cm
- Framed Print: black frame; 40 x 30 cm or 60 x 45 cm (with frame and mount, add 10 cm each side)
- Printed and hand-checked in the UK
Meet Joseph Mallord William Turner: this British landscape painter of the 18th and 19th centuries is famous for his work’s luminous, almost abstract quality. Turner’s landscape paintings had an unconventional emphasis on light, colour and atmospheric effects. And he’s known as the ''painter of light''. This painting shows the last voyage of a ship, famous from the Battle of Trafalgar, being pulled by tugboat to be broken up – as sail power makes way for steam.