- Gallery-quality print from oil-on-canvas original
- Poster: matte finish; 45 x 30 cm, 60 x 40 cm or 114 x 76 cm
- Canvas: 3.8 cm thick; 60 x 40 cm, 75 x 50 cm or 90 x 60 cm
- Framed Print: black frame; 75 x 50 cm (with frame and mount, add 10 cm each side)
- Printed and hand-checked in the UK
Meet Wassily Wassilyevich Kandinsky: a Russian painter and art theorist, known for his lyrical abstract style and innovative techniques in non-figurative art. Kandinsky was interested in the relationship between art and classical music. His aim? To paint sound. In orchestral compositions like this one, colliding forms and colours move across the canvas. Painted before the war, they suggest a world on the edge of destruction. He made over 30 preliminary drawings, watercolours and sketches for this 2 x 3 m composition, which he painted in just three days.