- Gallery-quality print from hand-embroidered original
- Available as: Canvas, Poster or Framed Print
- 7 sizes (45 x 30 - 114 x 76 cm)
- Printed and hand-checked in the UK
- Artwork chosen by interior stylist, Pippa Jameson
Meet the artist: we’re not sure whose hands carefully embroidered these birds. But it’s a lovely example from the Republic Period (1912-1949) in the Hunan region of China. Birds symbolise personal freedom and a oneness with nature, part of both Taoist and Buddhist teachings. In Asian art, cherry blossoms represent peace and tranquillity while in Feng Shui, birds brings good luck. Together, they’re harbingers of spring. Lovebirds represent unity and romance. All of which means these two lovebirds with cherry blossom symbolise a happy marriage.