Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. You know, that one day in the year when you’re meant to celebrate your undying love for a significant other?
But let’s be honest. It’s not always quite as lovey-dovey as what you see in the movies, or read on Twitter. For many of us, Valentine’s Day sucks! That one day a year for partners to prove how unromantic they really are…
And us lot at Photobox totally get it. I mean, just looking around the office I can tell there’s plenty of broken hearts here!
So this year we’ve decided to come to the rescue of forgetful Valentines flops, by launching a same-day delivery service for the first time in our history. And it’s not just some whacky idea from the marketing team after catching the love bug. It’s a proper service.
On the 14th February we’ll be trialling the service in the beautiful Essex town of Chelmsford.
If you don’t know much about Chelmsford then check this out. It’s the birthplace of radio. And it was England’s capital for a few days over 600 years ago.
But why trial same-day delivery in Chelmsford, I hear you say?
Well that’s easy – they deserve it! This week to mark Valentine’s Day we got all scientific and polled 1,500 women in long-term relationships to find out where Britain’s least romantic place is. And yes, you guessed it, Chelmsford came out on top!
In fact, a staggering 79 percent of women polled in Chelmsford said their partner was not romantic in the slightest, while more than half of the women described their other half as “useless” when it comes to matters of the heart.
But it’s not just Chelmsford that’s home to more heart-flops, than heart-throbs. Blokes from Leeds are not far behind, with seven in ten (70 percent) women from the city complaining that their man is clueless when it comes to wooing the lady in their life.
Check out the full list of the UKs least romantic hotspots here:
- Chelmsford (79%)
- Leeds (70%)
- Brighton (69%)
- Manchester (68%)
- Nottingham (67%)
- Glasgow (62%)
- London (62%)
- Newcastle (61%)
- Plymouth (61%)
- Bristol (49%)
Our #ValentinesRescue service will bail-out customers within a 5m radius of Chelmsford if they order between 8am-2pm on Wednesday 14th February. And we’ll even get their order to them just in time for dinner (pending traffic heartbreak on the M25).
So if you live in Chelmsford and have dropped the ball on Valentine’s Day, email email@example.com and we’ll reply with a special code for you to place your same-day order.
The service ONLY includes orders on mugs, canvases and desk décor. Take a look here.
Photobox spokesman, Rory Love-Scott said:
“The prospect of a ruined Valentine’s in Chelmsford really pulled at our heart strings, so it made total sense to trial a same-day delivery service there.
Hopefully we’ve sent hearts racing for a few customers who have dropped the ball this Valentine’s Day.”
The study also revealed:
- Seven in ten females have no faith in their partner and said he will most likely buy something last minute for them on Valentine’s Day
- On average blokes are set to spend £24.70 this year and women will splash out just a pound more on the man in their lives at £25.70
- Nearly two thirds of women have never received a love letter from their other half, seven in ten have never received a heartfelt poem – and four in ten have never even been brought breakfast in bed
- Of the women studied, four in ten said their husband or partner didn’t like anything soppy, while 35 percent complained their other half was embarrassed to show his emotions
- 20 percent of women are dreading Valentine’s Day this year as their friends’ husbands are so much more romantic than their own.
If the service proves a hit then then we hope to roll it out nationwide for other celebratory occasions.
So there you have it. Even if we save a few broken hearts this Valentine’s Day, it’s job done!