Celebrate your new baby, in photos!
Top of every proud new parent’s agenda? Well, outside of existing on as little sleep as humanly possible, it’s capturing those precious moments that you’ll cherish for the rest of your life. Plus, it’s great to have some snaps that show just how much cuter your kid is than everyone else’s! We’ll take you through some of our favourite baby photo ideas, right here.
Remember, a lovely baby photobook makes a great maternity gift for any new mothers, giving them a perfect place to store all those gorgeous photos.
You can always go artistic with your photos. There’s lots of different angles to take, but here’s a couple of the ones we like the best:
- A shot of your baby next to the palm of your hand is the perfect way of showing just how tiny they really are!
- Everyone loves baby feet, right? So why not focus some of your shots on the feet themselves. Swaddled up in a blanket or cupped in the palm of your hands – however you want to show them off, there’s plenty of different options.
- A photo of your newborn with flowers (perhaps with a colourful crown) can really make your baby look like the flower-child they were born to be!
Try something funny
Funny baby pics are all the rage, and let’s be honest, why wouldn’t they be? Once you’ve taken your baby photos, you could personalise them:
- Props are your friend here! Whether it’s a funny outfit or some cute toys, funny poses are the ideal way of amping up the adorability factor in your new baby images.
- If there’s one thing babies love, like, really love, it’s a good old stuffed animal, right? Pose your baby with their favourite. If they keep it as they get older, the photo will make for a great memento.
- Seasonal pics can go down a storm if you do them right. Plus, they’re pretty much the funniest thing ever. A photo of your baby in a Santa hat, wrapped up in a Christmas stocking or wearing reindeer antlers is the ideal way to celebrate Christmas and your new baby all in one.
You can’t go wrong with the classics
When it comes to classic baby poses, the choice is almost endless:
- Make sure you include siblings in the pics, it’s something the whole family can look back on in a few years!
- A photo of your newborn on its chest or propped up on its elbows is one of our all-time favourites. It’s cute, classic and utterly adorable!
- A kiss on the baby’s forehead is tried, tested and seriously precious.
Sending out a baby birth announcement with a cute photo is the perfect way of letting everyone know about the new addition to your family. There’s loads of different options – babies are pretty cute, after all – but here’s a few of our favourites:
- A sweet cuddles-and-kisses photo is picture perfect, every time.
- An adorable photo of your little one snuggled up in a blanket really tugs on the heartstrings.
- A photo of both parents looking down on the little one is a great way of capturing such a precious moment for a new family.
Sometimes, all you really want to do is capture a pic that you can cherish for the rest of your life. A natural pose of your little one sleeping or eating might seem simple, but it’s one of the best ways of celebrating your new baby! Try to stay in the moment and capture all those little idiosyncrasies that make your baby exactly who they are.
Has a friend or family member recently given birth? You know what’d make them feel pretty great? A personalised new born baby gift can really let them know that you’re thinking of them. Alternatively, it’s a great way for new parents to reward themselves with something that’ll show off just how amazing their baby is.
Thought of any cool poses we missed out on? Let us know in the comments below!